June is looking like it's going to be packed!! So many things going on, so little time! It's the first official month of summer fun. The time where the days are long and the nights even longer. School is finally over it's finally time for camping and roadtrips and campfires.
So here'a brief resumé of what I'm excited about in this coming month!
- Our rhubarb patch is ready. That means strawberry rhubarb pie and jam and all sort of things!
- Saturday the 9th, we're throwing this big party to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday as is tradition in her family (she's the fourth of five sister). Except life got in the way and technically, she's now 61! Oopss! But the party is still happening!
- Again, as per tradition now, I'll be heading to Mathieu's Home on beautiful Prince Edward Island! In years past, we would go mid to late May, so my Facebook memory feed has been flooding me with pictures of these past years and I just cannot wait to be there again and drink in the peace and quiet and minimum wifi connection! Also, because we're going later this year, we should be there in peak season for the Lupin flower. It's the provincial flower and apparently it is everywhere! I'm really excited to be able to see that first hand!
- Since the trip to PEI is happening slightly differently this year (mainly, I'll be driving there on my own), I'll take this opportunity of being in the Maritime's provinces to go visit Nova Scotia as well. So I have big plans of taking the ferry from PEI to NS and then making my way camping around the Cabot Trail and finishing off in Halifax before heading back home. I am so looking forward to discovering some new places!
- I should make it back home in time for the St-Jean's festivities. Nothing planned. We'll see what comes up.
- Finally, to finish off the month, we're planning this garden party to celebrate my sister's birthday. Lots's of low tables and cushions, blankets and candles everywhere. It should be quite the party!
So as you can see, busy month ahead!! What about you? What does your June looks like?