This makes me so happy! May brings with it promises of warmth and flowers and leaves in the trees. Promises of summer! So I'm really excited and have compiled a list of things that I'm looking forward to.
- Cinco de Mayo!! Planning on doing this amazing recipe for vegetarian tacos.
- Mother's Day! Although it is sometime hard not to be a mother myself yet, I am blessed with an amazing mom. And I am surrounded by many friends who are wonderful mother themselves. So many reasons and people to celebrate! What are you planning for Mother's Day?
- The Canadian Tulip Festival in Ottawa. It all started in 1945, when de Dutch Royal Family sent 100,000 tulip bulbs as a sign of gratitude for sheltering the future Queen Juliana and her family during the Nazi occupation of the Netherland in World War II. Now, every spring, more than a million tulips bloom throughout the city.
- Cherry Tree blossom at the Montreal Botanical Gardens. If the Cherry Trees of Washington D.C. are known to blossom at the end of March, beginning of April, here they bloom much later. I'm hoping to catch a glimpse this year as I tour the Botanical Gardens.
- First pique-nique of the season! Alright, it's still a little chilly, and the ground is still quite damp and even still covered in snow in some places, but I'm really hoping that the weather will co-operate and that I'll be able to organize a little pique-nique before the month is out. In a blooming apple orchard maybe? With some bubbly and freshly baked bread and some delicious cheese. And cake. Or cupcakes. Or both!
I would love to hear from you! What gets you excited for this coming month?